The dream of retaining your youthful look well into old age is now a step closer—thanks to scientists who have identified the key genes involved in skin aging. Using data generated by the Human Genome Project—the international effort to decode human DNA—scientists have identified five major causes of skin aging, including numerous genes that govern how long your skin can stay free from wrinkles. Thanks to the Human Genome Project, genetic advancements have accelerated exponentially, paving the way for creating a truly customized approach to skincare.
SKINSHIFT™ offers a breakthrough in the beauty industry by using DNA analysis to identify your skin’s genetic strengths and weaknesses. Based on a simple swab of your cheek, your DNA test results provide a personalized blueprint for keeping your skin healthy and young-looking. Your individual genetic profile includes analysis of 15 genetic markers associated with five key aging factors:
- Collagen Formation Factor—Determines if your skin is prone to wrinkling, sagging, poor wound healing, roughness, acne and rosacea as a result of collagen breakdown.
- Sun Protection Factor—Determines how well your skin handles the damaging effects of sun exposure and other environmental factors.
- Antioxidant Protection Factor—Determines your skin’s ability to defend against free radical damage.
- Glycation Protection Factor—Determines if your skin is prone to heavy wrinkles and folds, accelerated aging, cracking and thinning, uneven texture, redness and inability to self-repair caused by glycation.
- Inflammation Control Factor—Determines how well your skin fights against deterioration and premature aging as a result of excessive inflammation.
With your skin report in hand, Dr. Harper can recommend the SKINSHIFT™ products and supplements that will work most effectively with your individual skincare needs. Although you can’t change your inherent genetic risks, you can alter their effects by using products and nutritional supplements that address the uniqueness of your DNA and your skin.
The key to aging skin is in your genes, and your personalized genetic profile can unlock the knowledge and instructions for gaining control over the health and beauty of your skin.